Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting Ready for SA210

Departure Day and excitement has set in but so has some sadness as i prepare to leave Cooper and Kelli for the first time and its for 3 weeks :(. Hopefully I'll be able to finds something that will make the time go by quick. i'll miss them a lot but the world and I have been waiting 1,456 days for this trip. As i finalize my packing I somehow feel i'm forgetting something, let's see hummm i have...
my passport, international drivers license, 1-American Flag, 1-Crazy Uncle Sam hat, 3-USA Jerseys (not sure if that will be enough but hoping so), 2-USA Jackets (it will be winter there), I-pod, headphones, 2-pair of jeans, 7-pair of socks, 10- T-shirts, deck of cards and my over night bag.
OH! and a crap load of my favorite snacks! and i'm pretty sure i've over did it with the snacks, i have an entire crafty spread in my backpack.
All of this packed up into 1-checked bag and 2 carry ons, and yes it could of all fit into one bag but after a recent dilemma with checked baggage so i've decided to carry on the important stuff. (a change of clothes and anything that has to do w/ USA soccer)
In only 3 short hrs I will join my travel partner Corey at LAX (he's flying in from Denver) and we will board our 16 hr flight to Dubai. I've never been on a flight this long and not really looking forward to it but having a 9hr layover in Dubai is exciting since i'm sure i'll never get to Dubai again. Then we're off to Johannesburg to meet up with Curtis where the adventures will begin. Stay tuned for pictures and videos as we chase the World Cup 20101




1 comment: